Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crock Pot Crosspost: Dear Richies, Silence is Golden…and You Like Gold, Right?

Crosspost:
It’s Hump Day! And you know what that means…no, I’m not talking about business time, I’m talking about crosspostin’ and sloooow cookin’!
Today’s crosspost comes from Cracked.com. David Wong basically nails it with 6 Things Rich People Need to Stop Saying, and that is reason enough for his article to win the coveted Wednesday Crock Pot Crosspost slot, but for the sake of full disclosure, his article also links to a piece I wrote for Persephone Magazine called Don’t EVEN Get Me Started, Mythical Bootstraps College Student.

Despite the fact that today, like many days, I’m feeling a little self-promotional, I hope you’ll nod in agreement and mutter, “Mm, hmm. MMM HMMM. Yes, THIS!” whilst reading both Wong’s and my words. Because we’re right, and stuff.
Crock Pot Recipe:
As you nod in agreement with Wong and me, I hope you’ll take in the rich, savory aroma of braised pork ribs simmering in your slow cooker. To make that happen, check out Christine Cooks’ recipe for crock pot braised pork ribs with whole garlic cloves and fresh rosemary.

You’ll like it. It’s rich and uses plenty of cracked pepper. A feast fit for a Rockefeller. Little known fact, Nelson Rockefeller, like pork, was once called “the other white meat.” True story*.
*Not a true story.
Happy reading and bon app!

1 comment:

  1. Why you gotta lie, Buster? Everybody knows Nelson Rockefeller was nicknamed Filet o' Fish.

    ReplyDelete